A series of winter walks have been organised across Blaby district to encourage people to get out and explore their local area on foot.
The fortnightly walks range from gentle strolls to a two-hour trek and are free to attend.
People taking part will be given a certificate and pedometer if they complete all the walks.
Darren Farish, physical activity development officer at Blaby District Council said:
The walks are a great chance to gradually improve your fitness, meet new people and enjoy the countryside in Blaby district.
The schedule is:
- Blaby – January 18. Meet at 10am on Bouskell Park for gentle 30 minute walk
- Kirby Muxloe – February 1. Meet at 10am at the library car park for short walk around the local area
- Sharnford – February 15. Meet at 10am at Fosse Meadows car park for short walk
- Glen Parva – February 29. Meet at 10am at Glen Parva Memorial Hall for walk around local area
- Huncote and Croft – March 14. Meet at 10am at the Pavilion in Huncote for medium intensity walk around local area
- Kilby – March 28. Meet at Dog & Gun pub for two-hour walk around local area
Refreshments are available and dog walkers welcome but dogs must be kept on leads.