Tag Archives: help

Blaby older person's forum

Blaby District Older Persons’ Forum

Blaby older person's forumAre you aged 50 years or over and living in Blaby District? Do you want to have your say and keep informed about local issues and services that affect you? If so come along to the Blaby District Older Persons’ Forum.

The next meeting is taking place on Monday 2 June from 2pm until 4pm at the main council offices in Narborough.

The theme for the upcoming forum is “help to stay at home” with speakers and information stands from health, social care and voluntary sector services.

Robert Mackay, new vice-chair of the Older Persons’ Forum, said:

“The forum is a really good way to find out about services you might otherwise never hear about. You may not need help right now, but you never know when you or someone you care about will.

“Our next theme is a really important one and there is a packed agenda. If you have not been before give it a try, new members are always welcome.”

The forum can help if you need transport assistance to attend. For more information please contact Zoe Coulson at strategic.partnerships@blaby.gov.uk or call 0116 272 7566.

Help with heating repairs on offer

People living in Blaby district who are in need of a heating repair or replacement boiler can apply for a council grant to help them keep warm through winter.

A maximum of £2,500 is available to each applicant.

The funding is only available to people who own their home and are disabled or over 60-years-old.

Councillor David Jennings, portfolio holder for health and community services at Blaby District Council said: “Fuel poverty continues to be a problem for people across the district – especially the elderly – and we urge anyone who needs help to contact the Council.”

To check eligibility or to apply for a heating grant contact the housing options team on 0116 272 7536 or email housing.adaptations@blaby.gov.uk.

People can also visit www.energysavingtrust.org.uk for free advice on saving energy or more information on heating and insulation grants that may be available.