Taking place on Tuesday 24 November 2015, the awards will be hosted at Countesthorpe Community College and nominations can be made up until Sunday 25 October 2015.
Nominations can be made in the following categories:
– Volunteer of the Year
– Coach of the Year
– Team of the Year (16+)
– Young Team of the Year
– Sports Person of the Year (16+)
– Sports Person (with a disability) of the Year (16+)
– Young Sports Person of the Year (under 16)
– Young Sports Person (with a disability) of the Year (under 16)
– Active 4 life – Health & Wellbeing Award
– Blaby LSA Special Recognition award
Councillor Sheila Scott, portfolio holder for Health Improvement and Leisure Services at Blaby District Council, said:
“These awards recognise the individuals and sport clubs that make an outstanding contribution to sport or health related activities in the district.
“It is not just about those who compete; the awards also celebrate the volunteers who give up their spare time to coach or those that often go unnoticed, but work tirelessly behind the scenes to help a club run smoothly.”
To view the criteria for each award or to nominate visit http://www.sportblaby.org.uk/sports-awards-2015 or contact the Health and Leisure Services team at email@example.com or call 0116 272 7703.