Spare seat on expenses panel

Blaby District Council is looking for someone who is not a member of any political party to be part of a panel that helps set councillors expenses.

The vacancy is on the Independent Remuneration Panel on Councillors’ Allowances which recommends how much the Council should pay its elected members in basic allowances and other expenses such as special responsibilities, childcare, travel and pensions.

People with a good knowledge of how local government works and an appreciation of the current economic climate are invited to apply and the Council are particularly keen to hear from representatives of the voluntary, community and business sectors along with those who live in Blaby district.

The applicant cannot be a member of any political group, have a personal association with Blaby District Council or be serving as councillor at a parish, county, district, unitary or London borough authority.

Appointment to the panel is for three years and travel and subsistence allowances are available.

The closing date for applications is 13th May 2011.

For more information and an application form contact democratic services on 0116 272 7638 or email


Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.