Enderby Leisure & Golf Centre and The Pavilion Leisure Centre are both undergoing a combined £4.9m refurbishment which began in May of this year.
At Enderby Leisure & Golf Centre the project is being carried out over two phases and will ultimately enable the following enhancements:
- An extension of the existing gym, to provide over 100 pieces of brand-new equipment.
- A refurbishment of the swimming pool – changing rooms have been closed and there are now lockers and cubicles on poolside. This will be up until the pool closes on November 11th
- Exciting spa area and facilities.
- Refurbishment of both the gym and swim changing facilities.
- Refurbishment of the sports hall, including a brand-new floor.
- A brand-new café which will be relocated to the ground floor of the centre – Work will commence mid-December. Dates TBC.
- Replacement of the carpet in the bowls hall.
- Brand new 3G football pitches
- A new group cycling studio.
Phase 1 was completed and finished at the end of September 2019.
Phase 2 is under way and will be complete early 2020.
Whilst the refurbishment works are taking place, the creche will be relocated to the sports hall.
The refurbishment that is arguably causing the most chatter is the spa area.
Initial responses are very positive although some teething problems were experienced with the new equipment.
Membership includes the spa but the management at Enderby are currently reviewing the situation and may adjust the policy in the new year.
Everyone Active is offering a membership deal. See here for details.
For its part, the Pavilion Leisure Centre will undergo renovations to refresh the existing facilities and provide new ones. The investment enables the following enhancements:
- Expansion and refurbishment of the gym
- A brand new group cycling studio
- Refurbishment of the group fitness studio
- Refurbishment of the changing facilities
- A brand new sports hall viewing lounge.