The new feature builds on the reputation gained in 2014 when Blaby District Council’s website was named as one of the top 20 best websites in the country and awarded ‘four stars’ by SOCITM (Society of Information Technology Management) which promotes the effective and efficient use of Information Technology in Local Government and the Public Sector.
Star ranking is given to each site based on a structured survey of 259 questions which includes navigation, use of search, A-Z list, accessibility, etc.
Shortly, residents in Enderby and elsewhere in the Blaby district will be able to register for an account on the Council’s website to receive the benefits outlined below:
- Access services through a single online account
- View their Council Tax account
- View their Benefits account
- Book sports and leisure activities at the Huncote Pavilion
- Register for email alerts to keep up to date
- Track progress and keep a history of their requests
- Save time as forms will be ‘pre-populated’ (resdy filled-in) with their contact details when logged in
- Subscribe to receive email alerts
- Subscribe to the Council’s email alerts service to find out when new online services and information become available.