The Prime Minister announced an immediate national lockdown as a result of Covid-19 in his statement on the evening of 4 January 2021.
- You must stay at home, except for a few permitted reasons (shop for basic necessities for you or a vulnerable person, go to work if you cannot reasonably do so from home, exercise with one other person, meet with your support bubble, seek medical assistance)
- Non essential retail must close. These venues can continue to operate click and collect
- School, college and university will remain open for vulnerable children and children of critical workers. All other children will learn remotely until February half term.
- Childcare – nurseries and childminders remain open
- Indoor gyms and sports facilities will remain closed.
Those who are defined as clinically extremely vulnerable to coronavirus will receive a letter from the government setting out detailed advice.
Find out more about the new national restrictions on the Government’s website.