Get help with your heating repairs

People living in Blaby district who are in need of a heating repair or replacement boiler can apply for a council grant to help them keep warm through winter.

The funding is available to people who own their home and are disabled or over 60 years old.

Mr Russell and Ms Mansell from Croft applied for a boiler grant in March last year.

Mr Russell said:

“We had the works carried out and the whole process was dealt with very quickly. It has made a huge difference to our home and was such a relief, especially as we have a very young baby in the house.”

A maximum of £2,500 is available to each applicant.

Councillor David Jennings, portfolio holder for Community Services at Blaby District Council, said:

“Fuel poverty continues to be a problem for people across the district, especially the elderly, and we urge anyone who needs help to contact the Council.”

To check eligibility or to apply for a heating grant, contact the housing options team on 0116 272 7536 or email

People can also visit for free advice on saving energy and more information on heating and insulation grants.

wall radiator

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.