The locations of 20 Fosse Foxes was revealed earlier this week, following the launch of the Blaby District Tourism and Heritage Trail.
The Fosse Foxes project is a partnership between Blaby District Council and Fosse Park. Local artists Pickle Illustration painted the 20 foxes with each fox having its own unique symbols to represent its location.
Placed at tourist attractions across the district, Fosse Foxes locations include Palmers Garden Centre in Narborough, Fosse Meadows in Sharnford and the historic Ice House on Bouskell Park, Blaby. As the tourism sector reopens following the pandemic more foxes will be added to the trail.
A map of the trail is available on www.visitblaby.org.uk/fossefoxes with each fox sporting a QR code giving access to the story behind the fox and more information on the sights in the district. An interactive version of the map will also be available soon.
25 further Fosse Foxes are located across Fosse Park and showcase the designs of local artists, designers, community groups in the district and can be seen in the new Fosse Park West and Food Central areas.
John Richardson, Strategic Director at Blaby District Council, said: “The Fosse Foxes Trail is an exciting Tourism and Heritage project, and it has been great to see residents spotting our foxes out across the district already.”
“We have been pleased to work with both Fosse Park and the Blaby District Tourism Partnership and we hope that this will showcase our wonderful visitor attractions, our great open spaces and the wide range of activities that can be enjoyed within the district.”
“We hope that residents, visitors and families will get on their bikes and enjoy getting active outdoors, following the trail and discovering the many great stories behind the places, please keep sharing the photos and don’t forget to tag us in @visitblaby.”
The Fosse Foxes project has been funded by the Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership.
- Attfield’s Farm Shop – Whetstone
- Blaby Town Centre (Coming soon)
- Congo River Adventure Golf – Blaby
- Countesthorpe Country Park
- Enderby Leisure Centre
- Everards Meadows – Enderby
- Fosse Meadows – Sharnford
- Fosse Park
- Glenfield Tunnel (Coming soon)
- Grove Park – Enderby
- Hilton Hotel Leicester – Braunstone Town (Coming soon)
- Huncote Leisure Centre
- Kirby Muxloe Castle (Coming soon)
- Meridian Leisure Park – Braunstone Town (Coming soon)
- Narborough Railway Station
- Palmers Garden Centre – Narborough
- Paradise Found Farm Park – Sapcote (Coming soon)
- Stanton Lakes – Stoney Stanton
- Stoney Cove – Stoney Stanton (Coming soon)
- The Ice House at Bouskell Park – Blaby
- Tithe Barn – Cosby