The two-hour workshop, which is provided by Leicestershire District and Borough Councils and Rutland County Council in partnership with Verco, is to help businesses find out more about reducing their energy use.
There is also the chance to find out about opportunities under the Green Deal; Central Government’s initiative to help fund the upfront costs of energy efficiency improvements in England and Wales.
The event is being provided around Big Energy Saving Week as part of a project funded by the Department of Energy and Climate Change.
There are 50 free workshop places available, and businesses will be provided with:
• Expert energy management training
• A ready to use action plan to start saving energy
• Information on how to manage and monitor their organisation’s energy use
• How to identify and implement key energy reduction opportunities
• How to conduct a walk around survey to identify further saving opportunities
• Implement actions identified within the session to save energy and money
• Sources of funding and the opportunities under the Green Deal
• One to one discussions with an expert energy trainer
• Networking opportunities with other local and like-minded businesses
• The opportunity to book in for a free business Green Deal Assessment
The workshop will take place on Tuesday November 5 in the Loughborough Town Hall, Market Place, LE11 3EB. Registration will take place from 8:30am, with the workshop starting at 9:00am. The session will finish at 12:00pm with an optional advice surgery with the trainer from 11:30am.
To book one of the 50 free places, please contact Charnwood Borough Council on 01509 634651 or 01509 634937 or email email@example.com
Booking is essential by 5pm on Tuesday October 29. Spaces will be allocated on first-come, first-serve basis. The booking deadline may be extended if there are still spaces available.